This page lists our current teachings. You can check out our previous events and workshops using the links in the side column.
AHIMSA CELEBRATION :DECEMBER 13
Please join us for our annual celebration of His Holiness the Dalai Lama receiving the Nobel Peace Prize, as well as helping to further his vision of the Zone of Ahimsa, or Zone of Peace.
We are excited to announce that this year you can join in to help all sentient beings and make a commitment to peace in honor of His Holiness with the “Wish-Fulfilling Gem Tree.”
Ahimsa will be held at the home of a sangha member who has graciously opened their home for the event.
(Parents: Please note that there is a small unfenced swimming pool in the backyard. Children will need to be monitored while outside.)
The address is 16932 N 98th Place Scottsdale 85260
Enter 100 at the gate. Parking is along the street.
Starts at 4:00 PM
- Community Meeting (4:30)—This is an opportunity to review Emaho’s past year and learn about our plans for the future and the progress of projects in Tibet.
- Potluck dinner (5:00 )—Please be sure to contact Donna Tash at firstname.lastname@example.org and let her know what dish you would like to bring.
- Volunteer appreciation—Have you volunteered this year? Please come and be recognized for your efforts. Want to become more involved? Come find out how.
- Raffle—Ongoing throughout the evening. Gift cards to fantastic restaurants and shops.
- Dharma Crafts—Gifts and tokens just in time for the holidays!
- Wish-Fulfilling Gem Tree Project—Pick a project for the coming year make a commitment to contribute your help as a way to honor HHDL.
- Games—How much do you know about His Holiness and other peacemakers?
- Watch an inspiring excerpt from HHDL Nobel Peace Prize acceptance speech.
- Prayer—Long Life prayer for His Holiness.
Free admission. Families are welcome!
Animal Blessing - Photos : March 30 2014
ZaChoeje Rinpoche: Blessing the animals at Emaho Center
2014 Mantrathon : January 11 2014
Saturday January 11
Over One Million Mantras collected this year!
Emaho thanks everyone who participated:
Emaho, Bodhi Center, and Santa Fe, NM Center (US Centers) 294.186
Trashi Ganden Choepel Ling (New Zealand Center) 107,597
The marathon is a global fundraiser in which we raise money to continue the work of ZaChoeje Rinpoche and to support Emaho’s three-fold mission. Most importantly Emaho’s Mantrathon welcomes the new year with wishes for a peaceful year, a year of beneficial resolution to world problems, a year of healing and happiness.
Guru Puja Chanting Practice
Following Rinpoche's suggestion, Jae-Min will lead the chanting practice sessions for Guru Puja.
Jae-Min learned chants from the late Geshe Pal Tsering who founded Trashi Ganden Choepel Ling in New Zealand, one of Emaho's sister centers.
Learning mostly through observing and copying Geshe-la, Jae-Min first started to lead chants during the times when Geshe-la was travelling.
Jae-Mine will be sharing the tunes used for the Guru Puja, one of the regular practices at Trashi Ganden Choepel Ling.