We are pleased to announce Emaho Foundation’s 2018 annual retreat with ZaChoeje Rinpoche.
Friday Evening May 25, Saturday May 26, Sunday May 27.
ZaChoeje Rinpoche will bestow the empowerment of Dzambala.
This is the first time Rinpoche is offering this auspicious empowerment at Emaho.
Dzambala is the deity of Wealth who protects us from hardships and difficulties.
The practice of Dzambala eliminates poverty by helping us develop material as well as spiritual abundance. Dzambala helps establish financial stability.
InTibetan Buddhism it is believed that Dzambala minimizes and decreases missfortune helping those who practice to not only gain good fortune but happiness as a result.
The empowerment ceremony is a Tibetan Buddhist tradition handed down from master to student going back to Shakyamuni Buddha himself. Having ZaChoeje Rinpoche, a true lineage master, bestow and explain the nuances of the practice of Dzambala allows us to enter the practice confidently, benefiting ourselves and others by bringing spiritual and material enrichments. During the retreat Rinpoche will teach, explain how to practice, answer questions and give us his wise and compassionate guidance.
Please note empowerment only is not an option for this retreat.
Friday May 25
- 6:00pm doors open, check in
- 7:00pm-8:30pm Welcoming ceremony and introduction by ZaChoeje Rinpoche
You are welcome to bring flowers, fruit and food offerings for the retreat altar. Yellow/golden colored flowers are traditionally offered, however, please feel free to offer any colored flowers. Your offerings represent gracious generosity, setting the foundation for a meaningful retreat experience.
Saturday May 26
Please Note: It is requested of you to refrain from eating meat the day of the empowerment. All meals during retreat will be vegetarian
- Doors open at 6:45am
- 7:00am Coffee and tea
- 7:30-8:30 Tibetan meditation
- 8:30-9:30 Light breakfast
- 9:15am. Rinpoche begins his preparation and prayers
You are welcome to sit in silent meditation in the temple while Rinpoche prepares.
- 10:00am. ZaChoeje Rinpoche begins the empowerment ceremony.
- 12:30-1:30pm Lunch at Emaho Center
- 2:00-3:30pm Sadhana practice
- 3:30-4:00pm break with snacks
- 5:00-6:30pm Dinner at Emaho Center
- 6:30-8:00pm Sadhana practice
Sunday May 27
- 6:15am Doors open
- 6:30am Coffee and tea
- 7:00-8:00am Tibetan meditation
- 8:30-9:30am Breakfast at Emaho Center
- 10:00-Noon Sadhana practice with Rinpoche
- 12:30-1:30pm Lunch Emaho Center
- 2:00-5:00pm Sadhana practice with Rinpoche
- 5:00-5:30pm Evening snacks
- 5:30-7:00pm Tsok Ceremony, questions and answers
Kindly register on or before May 18 at 5:00pm.
Suggested Donation: $200.00
The suggested donation helps Emaho Foundation pay for teaching materials, meals, providing for our teachers, as well as the associated expenses of running Emaho Center.
Please contact Melissa Smith, treasure: firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
You can register here; see button below, or send a check to Emaho Foundation, 11435 North CaveCreek Rd, Phoenix, Az, 85020.
You can also register at Emaho Center.
We look forward to spending auspicious retreat time with ZaChoeje Rinpoche, the Geshes and you.